25 Aug 2010

The Faerie Gateway (dream)

This was a dream-travel sequence from five years ago:

The next sequence began. I looked up at the stars through the branches of trees. An inner voice said the star cluster was the Pleiades. As I focused on one, more prominent star, it began to spiral slowly. This had quite a hypnotic effect which played on my sense of balance. I felt a tingling of excitement as I realized something was going to happen to me. I tried to calm my emotions as I knew they would project me out of what was being initiated. I surrendered to the star's motions and found that it had taken me through to another reality. As I looked back down and around me again, I was the same - but the landscape had changed.

I was in a fir forest, at evening time. I heard singing voices coming from nearby, and soon a few People met me, carrying lanterns. I could hear their voices inside my head. They gave me information, such as the fact that what to us was a modern Pop song had actually been taken out of Faerie a long time ago. If we listened to the words and the effects the words spoke of, we would recognize it, they said. 

We were on a wooded ridge, surrounding a lower area. The People attempted to gently lure me to a nearby 'welcome' area (I could see the projection of a house), but I told them I wanted to see what was beyond those Mountains in the distance. They explained that it was too far away for me to attempt that journey at that time, and that there were also obstacles like water which I could not swim. They then offered to show me something, and we went down to the valley.

There was a big, luminous Tree. The People said to stick around, because the Tree was 'just about to do something'. Indeed it did, it bloomed and I was struck by intense awe and wonder. It drew me closer and I realized this was another threshold. I opened my arms in acceptance - as I did this, I was pulled into a much more energetic ride than the way by which I had come in. With a breath that felt like my first intake of air after having learned to breathe underwater, I woke up in my bed. I exclaimed, "WOW!"

The 'energetic ride' happened through a tunnel exactly like the one shown below. There are many animations of 'wormholes', but I chose this one for its amusing annotation ("I saw this in my dream")... Seems I'm not the only one merrily tobogganing there!


-------
* Picture: "The White Tree" by Gunvor Paludan

2 comments:

  1. Love this! :D The doors are sheer endless.
    What's the Fairie Pop Song? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did too. :)
    Well, I tried at the time to pin it down, I know it was one of the popular Boy Bands. But I can't remember which. It was the journey sparked off by my curiosity about the song that was important, apparently.

    ReplyDelete