5 Jul 2011

Santa Maria in Trastevere

Today I was in the bookshop looking for a book on Rome's architecture I could use as reference for a project. However, I opened a travel guide to the exact page showing me a picture of the spiral pillar in Santa Maria of Trastevere (above). I have already visited Rome but this church I seem to have missed. The pillar marks what is known as a 'miraculous site', but personally it reminded me of Jack's Beanstalk (another 'Ropeway to the Sky' story), as beans have the habit of twining their modified stems around a support. Given the subject matter of my blog project, the following pictures from the church are pure amazement. (Coincidentally, I did buy a book about the international restoration/landscaping project of Brâncusi's "Endless Column Ensemble" in Târgu-Jiu, a most significant artwork for Gate Consciousness).


Stargates below...

Stargates above...

The two Masters, out of the Closet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment