29 Jan 2011

Hollywood is dead

In an article I wrote, MJ, Lightbodies and the Stargate Miracle, I made the comparison between Hollywood stars and the Egyptian religion of the Sun. But after a while I began wondering if I was on the right track? Then... I saw this.

Michael Buble meets a version of himself as a Rockstar in the official video of "Hollywood" (Stage 33). Prominent Sun logo (Oriental version). His animal-print pants also remind of the Egyptian word "fetish".

This brings a smile to my face, especially the final "role" that he sees himself in (an Astronaut, ref: Anunnaki>Stars), before finding his true life. I find it interesting that he sings about a girl, his lover who wants to be a star, but the video is about versions of himself and dismissing these images. This in turn works for showing a message that comes from "within", through that two-way, personal connection to "what is true".

The song points to a classic Tarot sequence: the main character (the human being) goes through 24 Roles before finally understanding that "keep on loving what is true, and the world will come to you - you can find it in yourself". Hollywood is dead. And Roman soldiers on bicycles are very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment