20 Nov 2010

Cosmic Love - spectacular video

This is a SPECTACULAR video from Florence & The Machine, I like it very much. The lyrics present a wonderfully precise depiction of what Cosmic Love entails, which makes me wonder what inspired them. The song was also featured on The Vampire Diaries, which furthers the connections between the modern vampire concept and stargates (it all goes back to Osiris as an underworld figure). I like things like this, showing the point of view of someone who falls in love cosmically: cosmic love is a "transgression" that, once accepted, is quite uplifting...



An interesting detail is the the maple leaf - less known as a symbol of love. However, earlier this year I had a dream where it represented just that - this video now being the only place I know where it does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment